Pakistan Manpower Institute was established is 1975 and is an attached department of Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training .Pakistan Manpower Institute is one of the leading training organizations in the country having a mandate to impart training to the managers and executives of public and private sector organizations of Pakistan in the field of Human Resource management (HRM), Human Resource Development (HRD), Human Resource Planning (HRP) , Information Technology (IT) and other related issues of national and international significance.
Vision & mission
To make Pakistan Manpower Institute commercially viable and functionally stable and sustainable progressive training body committed to gain a reputation of excellence in delivering quality training
To Make Pakistan Manpower Institute an impact training Institute through seeking Public – Private partnership, collaborations , Joint ventures and exploring new ventures for possible interventions for providing quality learning experiences for individuals, organizations and industry through innovative and customized training in vibrant disciplines helpful in career advancement and professional development.
- Aims & Objectives
PMI is dynamic training and research organization, working for the provision of training and to suggest remedies to the stakeholders with evidence based- research work. PMI carries forward its mandate under the following aims and objectives:
- To maintain PMI for training of employees of public and private sector organizations and do relevant research work as the Federal Government may determine;
- To provide advanced knowledge concerning ways and means for better utilization of Human Resource Development in Pakistan;
- To provide advanced training in professional techniques for manpower planning and administration;
- To promote a broad perspective of requirement of trained manpower for economic development in different fields;
- To provide manpower research services to Government departments, public corporations and private establishments;
- To stimulate interest in manpower problems generally, and to cooperate with and assist other manpower research agencies, institutions or professional associations; and
- To cooperate with international agencies engaged in manpower research and arrange for inter-changes of personnel, materials and data.
PMI’s working methodology for training and conducting research is very simple. To achieve the objectives, the institute is implementing its Annual Work Plan (AWP), covering the following three major areas: -
- Organizing short Training Courses for the officers and executive of public and private sector organizations.
- Conducting seminars, conferences, workshops and panel discussions.
- Conducting research and collecting data related to the current socio-economic issues, human resource development, its utilization and management.